Sunday, July 31, 2011

Book review of MISFIT

Misfit by Jon Skovron


Jael is a sixteen year old girl going through some mega changes. Growing up with a demon hunter ex-priest for a father can be difficult, but learning you inherited strange powers from your dead demon mother takes the cake. If that's not enough, through in the strict Catholic school with an exorcist for a history teacher and you have an adventure no one should miss.

Jael is a wonderfully funny, unique teen with all the emotional issues every teenage girl goes through and I enjoyed reading about her battle against the Duke of Hell that murdered her mother. She's feisty, strong, and she corrupts your heart with her caring demonic powers.

Jael's dad and Uncle Dagon...and yes that DAGON, the demon God, help Jael learn to use the gifts she was born to in order to survive. It's refreshing to see the familial bonds flourish during this heart warming story. Jael also has a love interest and a best friend who come in to own their roles in this wonderful story and make you love them just as much as I know you will love Jael.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It made me laugh. It made me cry. It made me want to be in the book with this character, helping her conquer those demons. I can't wait for a sequel!! http://jonskovron.com/misfit

No comments:

Post a Comment