Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Review of ENCHANTED

  It's fitting that I should finish this wonderful fairytale today of all days...Sunday's grand adventure and magical story of love and redemption ensnared me with all it's glory. Alethea Kontis made me remember why I used to beg my dad to read me fairytales at bedtime. She reminded me why I still wish upon a star and believe in true love. This enchanted story about a girl named Sunday will make you dream of your own fairytale and yearn for the next installment of this bespelled series!!
     Sunday is the dreamer in all of us. She dreams of wondrous adventures and has the gift of imagination. Her Fairy Godmother gifted Sunday with the power to have whatever she writes comes true. You'd think this would be an amazing  attribute, but Sunday learns that with every gift, there is a price. So Sunday only writes about the things that actually happen to her own family. Lucky for us, it's all wonderful!
     Sunday shares her burden and delightful tales with a frog she meets at a wishing well in the forest near her home and in Kontis's Fairytale Land, all those beloved childhood tales spring to life in a new way breathing magic with every creature. We meet so many endearing characters from old stories spun anew and it's done in such a way that you barely notice the transition. Kontis incorporates these characters with a fluidity that is natural and compelling. 
     I won't spoil the book for you, but needless to say...this is one of my "Don't even have to read the cover blurb to buy!" kind of books!  It's available for pre-order now!http://www.amazon.com/Enchanted-Alethea-Kontis/dp/0547645708/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332625525&sr=1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment